Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Happy Summer

Summer is flying by, as it usually does.  I have done some work, not as much as I had hoped to.  I will be in Maine for the month of August and hope to have some free time to sit on my porch, listen to music and paint.  I have an Open Studio and a show in the fall - both in October.  It is always a bit of a struggle for me.  Do I want to exhibit or do I just want to work when I want to and not put myself out there?  There are positives and negatives to both.  Participating in shows forces me to do the work and keeps me connected to other artists.  When I am working, I am enjoying myself.  It is very easy to get caught up in daily life and then time goes by and nothing gets done.  So that is my dilemma.  I am sure it is a common one.  I guess my answer is I will keep doing what I am doing (shows I mean) until I don't want to do them anymore.  When I was younger, I wanted to be rich and famous (like the movie Rich and Famous).  Now, I just want to enjoy myself.  Happy rest of the summer.  See you in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment