Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Beginnings

Well, here I am blogging!  I've thought about doing this for years and I guess now is the time.  Art & More will be about my artwork and whatever life experiences I might like to talk about.  I was a psychotherapist for over 30 years and eleven years ago, I began to explore the artist within.  I didn't even know she existed and now she has become an integral part of me.  I studied for five years at the DeCordova Museum in Lincoln, Mass. and then went on to work with a wonderful artist, Jane Davies. She has inspired me, supported me and pushed me to places I didn't have the slightest idea I could go.  Now I am displaying my work in open studios, art galleries and have sold a number of pieces.  It is so affirming and exciting to keep on growing and developing oneself.  It is great fun to have a next act in life.  When I retired a few years ago, I was concerned that I would become bored.  Well, then came along two precious grandchildren, volunteer work that is interesting and stimulating, exercising, meditating and painting.  I am anything but bored.  Some days I am overstimulated!  It is essential as we age to stay involved, informed, and connected.  I will be posting some my work and hope you enjoy what I have to share.


SAURA


PURPLE UMBRELLA


SCRIBBLE SCRABBLE




SPRING



WAITING



6 VASES




25 comments:

  1. LOVE seeing your work, Joan! Have fun with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough Jane for all you have taught me. I hope you do come to Acton and am looking forward to the April workshop.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! I enjoyed these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I look forward to reading your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that your art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your art! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work Joan! Have a great time with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spontaneity in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read about your blog on Jane Davies blog, nice work and do keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the expressive use of color, very powerful and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your new blog Joan! I am also a student of Jane's (and also retired). I've had a few thoughts about starting a blog - not quite there yet. I love the pieces you've shown here - especially your use of color. You are a color master (or is it mistress?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your art blog. I enjoyed seeing your collage pieces & your write up about Jane. I have taken her classes also, & will hopefully take the new ones in our town. Pat q (11)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat. Thanks for your comment. It will be fun to see Jane right here in Acton. What a treat! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Joan. I was directed here by Jane Davies. I've taken a few of her classes online. I too, have been a psychotherapist for many years and it was only in the past two years that I picked up a brush and got a jar of water and a few paints. It has touched my soul and I find that I can't seem to find enough time. Some days it's all I want to do. I respect you putting your work out there. That's such a hurdle for me. I look forward to your New Beginnings journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful art work. Love the colored, texture and layers.
    Good luck and enjoy the ride!
    Hila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Joan. I am here to read your blog because of Jane Davies' invitation to visit you. I, too, recently retired and finding I don't have enough time to do everything I am interested in pursuing. Good luck and congratulations on taking a leap into the digital world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the world of bloggers, and congratulation on taking this new step. I totally agree with you on the fact that with art you keep learning all the time, and it takes you to places you would never have dreamed of at the begining of this voyage. Congratuation on your work too, I love the colours and the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete