Thursday, January 12, 2017

Create, Create, Create

 I am making every effort to do something creative each day.  As a friend reminded me, it doesn't have to be a big thing.   Cooking is a creative endeavor as is writing in a journal.  I enjoy finger painting with my grandson.   Not only are we creating a piece of art, but we are also creating connection and memories.  Just one little creative act a day helps me to feel that I have expressed myself in some way and it feels great.  I am not one to make New Years resolutions, yet I think this is one I would like to make and keep.  Actually, last year I resolved to keep this blog up for one year and here I am, still at it.  If I fall off the wagon and get too caught up in other life events, then I will just have to find a way to begin again.  I had a client who really struggled with her weight and she finally was able to stay on a diet and lost weight.  Then she went to a party and overdid it.  When she came in to see me she was so upset with herself and declared that she had blown the diet and all was lost.  No it wasn't.  I told her to just start again and to stop beating herself up.  It's not fair to yourself to think in terms of black and white, either or, all or nothing.  Life happens, we mess up and then we need to forgive ourselves for whatever we think our infractions are and move on.  We need to stop tripping over our "shoulds" (we should do this, be that, etc.) and do what feels good to us inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment