Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pushing Through

I have been missing in action for a few weeks.  The class I have been taking, and completed, was all consuming.  This was without doubt the most challenging art experience I have ever had - and the most rewarding in so many ways.  It was a true grit experience.  It was a course that integrated technique, color theory and composition, and required that we trust our intuition.  Each week we learned a new concept and then had to produce six finished pieces, then post and blog about them.  There were times when I thought my brain would explode.  There were times when I felt that I was doing it all wrong and could not grasp what it was I was supposed to be doing differently.  There were times when I just wanted to quit.  But I didn't.  I persevered because my passion for the work superseded my fears and frustrations.  I came away with a clearer sense of myself as an artist and feel so much more inspired to explore my work.  I am exhausted but excited about sitting down again to continue to develop and create.  Pushing through anything in life will always lead you to a more evolved sense of self.  Here is a sample of the monoprint/collage work:






No comments:

Post a Comment